iciHaiti – Culture : List of the 13 beneficiaries of a AROCH Program grant
It is at the Brasserie Quartier Latin in Pétion-ville, that this week took place the official launch of the 1st Edition of the Program “Action for the Strengthening of Haitian Cultural Organizations” (AROCH) funded by the European Union in the framework of its program to strengthen civil society and supported by the Haiti Jazz Foundation and the Caracoli association.
The members of the Selection Committee: Banque de la République d’Haïti, Institut français, Embassy of Switzerland, Caracoli and Fondation Haiti Jazz, evaluated the proposals which had been the subject of a pre-selection. A total of 13 organizations were selected to receive, in addition to a grant, technical and financial support as well as training in the organization of cultural events.
List of beneficiaries and projects :
- Africamérica Foundation: Promotion of the Georges Liautaud Community Museum & the Artistic Village of Noailles;
- Alliance française du Cap Haïtien: Implementation of the “Cap en Scène” Festival;
- Alliance française de Jacmel: Implementation of the “Jacmel Talents” competition;
- Ayitidans: Organize the final of the 1st edition of the national competition “Konpa Danse Challenge”;
- “Ayiti Mizik” : Implementation of “Next Beat Export”;
- Azuei: Strengthening and perpetuation of the association through art, in particular the launch of an album;
- “Ayiti Vèt” (J/PHRO): Environmental impact assessment project and ecological certification of cultural organizations in Haiti;
- Art Center: Exhibition of artisans and artists from the Grand-Rue;
- “Mwèm Foundation” : Creation, uploading and launch of the Mwèm.TV portal;
- “Foudizè”: Implementation of shows and forum theater workshops on the theme of environmental protection and hygiene;
- Jacmel Jazz festival: Implementation of “Jazz lari”;
- “Sine Nouvèl” : Implementation of the 4th edition of the Nouvelles Vues Haiti festival;
- Théâtre Toupatou: Implementation of the 5th edition of the International Handicap and Culture Fortnight.
Note that the projects of this 1st edition of AROCH will take place between September 2020 and February 2021. They all include an option that allows them to carry out replacement activities in case the planned events cannot be implemented, in presence of the public.