Haiti – NOTICE UEH : Research support fund (2021-2022), Call for expressions of interest
The Office of the Vice-Rector for Research of the State University of Haiti (UEH) announces the launch of the 2021-2022 call for expressions of interest for the UEH Research Support Fund .
The vast majority of the activities of the Office of the Vice-Rector for Research are carried out through partnerships and university cooperation. And for good reason, the share of the University’s financial resources devoted to the research sector was decreasing over the years until the 2018-2019 academic year. In this context, the VRR, aware of the challenge of scientific research, created a number of mechanisms to support research and proposed to the University Council via the Research Council, a resolution on the Research Support Fund (FAR).
In accordance with this resolution of the University Council dated August 5, 2017, the UEH has set up a Research Support Fund (FAR) which pursues “the aim of ensuring an effective promotion of research at the UEH” (art. 1) on the basis of allocations funded by the Public Treasury (art. 2).
Thus, the Office of the Vice-Rector for Research, which has supported research projects for 4 years, intends to continue this activity for the 2021-2022 academic year. The aim is to allow the UEH to take its full place in the universe of national and international scientific production in the service of the country’s development.
Project admissibility criteria :
- Teacher-researcher status, UEH employee with at least a master’s degree or equivalent.
- UEH professor, holder of at least a master’s degree or equivalent;
- Belonging to a research laboratory of the project leader;
- Available for submitted activities;
- Guarantee of stable remuneration;
- Minimum duration 6 months, maximum 1 year, renewable if necessary;
- Funding request form duly completed and signed;
- Submit the required documents in the application form:
a) professional CV;
b) Letter of attachment to an entity duly signed by a member of the Dean’s Office, or of the Board of Directors or of Management;
c) Submission of technical and financial reports for any funding previously granted to the laboratory or to the project leader by the rectorate;
d) Proof of compliance with previously made commitments: supervision of memoranda or doctoral students, submission of articles;
e) Compliance with the deadline for submitting files.
Duration of funding :
One year renewable once
The classification of projects will be made by the Scientific Council of the UEH and the number to be retained depends on the criteria retained (2) in the methods of management of the FAR and their weight on the availability of the budget line provided for this purpose. The wearer may be invited by the CS to make a timed presentation.
(2) Scientific quality, inter-establishment dimension and pooling of resources, budgetary relevance, originality and innovative character, balance between the 2 major disciplinary fields: pure and applied sciences, human and social sciences, publication, integration of students in dissertation or in thesis .
Disbursement method :
Disbursement is made in two installments (3)
(3) Details of the funding method are indicated in the funding request form.
Receipt of files :
Applications must be submitted in paper and electronic version (PDF) from April to June 2021, to the following address : UEH General Secretariat, #21 rue Rivière, Port-au-Prince, Haiti or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to request the form : email@example.com