Haiti – FLASH : Seizure of weapons, ammunition and drugs in Cap-Haitien
Agents of the Narcotics Trafficking Brigade (BLTS) accompanied by some customs agents from Cap-Haitien participated mardi to the verification of a container numbered UESU-523066-3 at the National Port Authority (APN) from the second city of the country, shipped to Haiti by the Daniel Xavier. During this check, officers were able to find the following items in the packages :
5 firearms of the following specification :
– 9mm x 19 caliber pistol, Glock brand, Glock model with BRkE 506 series
– 9mm x 19 caliber pistol, Smith & wesson brand, M & P model with NCK 2986 series
– 9 mm caliber pistol, Smith & Wesson brand, MOD 4043 model having for series VAN 3574
– 9 mm caliber pistol, Smith & Wesson brand, M&P model having for series DTY 6823
– 9 mm caliber pistol, SigSauer brand, model P320 having for series 58C0403
11 magazines of 9 mm :
2 magazines of 11 cartridges
6 magazines of 17 cartridges
2 magazines of 15 cartridges
1 magazine of 21 cartridges
Four (4) boxes of 40 22 caliber cartridges.
A quantity of 50 kg of dry straw related to marijuana (cannabis sativa) and tested positive was also discovered.
Note that the named Ronald Saint-Amour, owner of these objects, was arrested in connection with this case.