Haiti – FLASH : Each electoral advisor would cost more than 1 million gourdes per month to the Public Treasury
9 new electoral advisers were appointed https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-31835-haiti-flash-appointment-of-cep-members-and-mandate.html and installed https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-31868-haiti-elections-installation-of-members-of-the-provisional-electoral-council.html at the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP). Although their remuneration, benefits and privileges have not been publicly disclosed, based on the testimonies of previous advisers, it appears that each Electoral Advisor costs the Public Treasury more than one million Gourdes each month.
Details of the remuneration, benefits and other privileges of an Advisor :
- Monthly salary: 250,000 Gourdes
- Monthly office fees: 80,000 Gourdes
- Risk premium: 45,000 gourdes
- Fuel and monthly communication: 60,000 Gourdes
- Travel Expenses (Per diem) When an Advisor travels on authorized missions, he receives 15,000 Gourdes per night in Haiti, $400 per night in America and $ 500 per night in Europe.
- Two vehicles are at his disposal, one official and another in case of breakdown
- 2 police officers are assigned to the security of each Councilor
In addition, each advisor has a monthly envelope of 600,000 gourdes to cover the salaries of his personal office. Note that this envelope cannot be exceeded and that the Advisor does not directly manage this amount. It only requests the hiring of consultants whose contracts are signed by the President of the CEP and approved by the Superior Court of Accounts and Administrative Litigation (CSC/CA). The salary and the number of consultant are at the discretion of the Advisor, for any monthly salary above 50,000 Gourdes a university degree is required before approval.
All the amounts quoted are gross (before tax deductions)
Remember that these amounts refer to previous advisers and that they may be different [unlikely] more or less for new advisers, the Government always remaining very discreet about these aspects.
See also :