Haiti – Diaspora : MAHVE wants to facilitate the issuance of legal documents to the diaspora
Wednesday, August 25, with the aim of facilitating the delivery of services from the Haitian State to our compatriots in the diaspora, Louis Gonzague E. Day. Minister of Haitians Living Abroad (MHAVE) met Marie Rose Nadine Almonor Administrative Assistant at the Directorate of National Archives.
Almonor and Minister Day discussed the following issues, among others :
- Difficulties related to the issuance of these legal documents
- Delivery of documents abroad, a service present at the National Archives to compensate for this lack of service demanded by the diaspora
- The deadline for issuing documents once processed in Haiti
- The future possibility for Haitians living abroad passing through Haiti, to file their request for documents through the MHAVE, which would follow up with the Archives service (not including legalization fees)
- Of the systematic data entry to now computerized archives
After this first meeting, Minister Day met the same day, still in his offices, Jean René Jacques Laguerre, Coordinator of the Reception and Delivery Center for Identity Documents (CRLDI).
The purpose of this meeting was to see how to facilitate the communication links between the MHAVE and the Directorate of Immigration. Knowing how much the recurring problem of issuing passports in foreign lands bothers our compatriots, the two men discussed ways to ease the process from application to issuance of this important document.
At the end of these two meetings, Minister Day and his interlocutors agreed to converge their efforts in order to facilitate the requests for documents produced by the Haitian diaspora abroad.