Haiti – Agriculture : 5 producers will represent Haiti at the International Cocoa Award
Patrix Sévère, the Minister of Agriculture, participated on May 7 to the presentation of prizes to the 5 winners of the 4th Edition of the National Quality Cocoa Competition, including 4 cooperatives and a cocoa production company.
This competition was organized by the Haitian National Coffee Institute (INCAH) and several other technical and financial partners including the Center for Study and International Cooperation (CECI), Agronomists and Veterinarians Without Borders (AVSF), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA).
According to Minister Sévère, the purpose of the competition is to present the quality of Haitian cocoa to the whole world, which has carved out a place among the best in the world despite the fact that the sector has only recently been valued.
List of winners :
- Chambellan food production and marketing cooperative (COPCOD);
- Cooperative of the peasants of Mandou d´Anse-d’Hainault (COPAM),
- Producers’ Cooperative for the Development of Anse d’Hainault (COPDAH)
- Dame-Maie cocoa agricultural cooperative (CACAO-DAM)
- Company “Les Produits des Iles S.A.” (PISA) with headquarters in the North.
These five cocoa samples were selected by a jury made up of experts and master chocolatiers from among the 17 contestants. According to the organizers, these 5 winners will have the opportunity to represent Haiti next October in France at the “International Cocoa Awrard”.
See also :